Poems

I don’t normally dress this way, but

Today I woke up on the right side

Of the bed.

I said to myself, “Hmmm, I think I will wear these today.”

So, I dressed, looked in the mirror

And pondered…

“What would the neighbors think? Oh well!”

It was quite of a challenge, I say.

So, I get to the car and my wife shouts,

Honey are those my - I abruptly interrupt -

it just for today!

They seemed a little tight and uncomfortable at first,

But I thought – (heck ill get used to them).

I get to work and all I get are gapes.

No one dares to ask; I observe.

Stares are obvious and clear, thus,

I mind my own business.

Shift ends, I excuse myself.

No one replies.

I get home, look in the mirror

And I tell myself…

I say,

“Wow these shoes are surely one size too small”.



The Waiters Story

Oh, sir! The young waiter exclaims in an empathetic voice.

It was an accident see and I can say there was no intention once so ever

(lowering his voice) despite the nasty attitude that woman with the over-sized blouse and the cheap alleys jewelry that had absolutely no excel and not to mention the scent of cheap perfume and apparently she had absolutely no sense of empathy for human kind.

The manager looks at the young waiter in such of an alarmed manner highly attentive to his story and coughs.

But sir! You see says the waiter.

Funny story actually

(Bedazzled the manager stares and wonders what the funny in the story could be)

You don’t understand, says the waiter.

See, when I took her order she literally belittled me, can you believe that?

She really didn’t have to say anything (Hmmm sights the manager)

You see, she made some comments that were out of context and completely derogatory,

She didn’t say them to me directly, but were surely implied.

Not only was she demanding, but was rude and obnoxious.

Anyway, when I was ready to deliver their drinks

The sleazy woman seating opposite to her, who by the way appears to have an ever so obvious poor nose job that had no tomorrow.

She looked like a dead cow on a Fourth of July.

The manager stands motionless.

She had the nerve to literally trip me, which caused me to spill the drinks on that woman.

You see it was Karma who caused this not me.

Surely I would love to have tossed a drink or two on her, but if anyone is to be blamed is Karma. So, now if you don’t mind I will excuse myself I have work to do.

The manager stands and with his mouth wide open says (low tone voice) but, but, but…and the waiter disappears out of the room.



The mirror has many faces.

One day it adores you

The next it scorns you.

It stares back at you

And reminds you of your imperfections,

The skin and shape.

No boundaries, no strength.

Your mind ponders

Stares back and sees through the sight of slight imagination

Ridges, hills of muscular perfection, smoothness

Snap! Oh, we meet again you say.

The mirror adores you again

You blink.

Return from that temporary trance

It stares back at you

And reminds you again of those imperfections

And remember that you’re still you

Trapped between the vision

Of an illusion and the soul

Hidden between your own gawk.

Comments

Popular Posts